Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thank you

One of my fave things to do with my blog, especially if I'm having a: Why am I doing something so difficult moment?!?!!?!?!?, is to check out my blog stats.

I can see how many people are reading my blog and from what countries.

Did you know that my blog has been read by people in: the US (obvi), Honduras (obvi), but also Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Uganda, Germany, Kenya, and Saudi Arabia? Isn't that crazy.

Overall my blog has had about 1400 hits. THAT'S INSANE.

So basically the point of this post is to say thanks. I love sharing stories and writing, so whether or not people read this, I'd keep doing it. But knowing that people out their care about me, my adventures, and read/comment on it, means the world to me. Especially in those moments of desperation when school is frustrating, I don't feel support, and I question why I'm doing something so hard, I look over my blog and realize if I can't see any other reasons right now, I've got 1,400 right here.

Thank you. Thanks for the support. Thanks for the comments. Thanks for the prayers, the loves, and the reads. Each of you and your constant stream of support is what helps me serve and see the joy in what I'm doing. I am so grateful for each of you!

"In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it's wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices."

— Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)

3 comments:

  1. Hey sar, if you can find it online and have a free moment during your reign of awesomeness, watch happythankyoumoreplease. this post reminds me of the meaning of that film.

    and thanks for sharing. for realz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we love reading about all of your adventures! It's an amazing blog! I miss you Shardipants, and I'm thinking about you loads. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - I enjoy reading your blog and learning what it is like to be a school teacher in Honduras. Yes, it does look like a lot of work and responsibility - but who better to take on the task than you! We love you and know you are doing what your are called to do by God.

    ReplyDelete