Tuesday, September 27, 2011

World's Largest Sticker

So I have some pretty adorable all-stars that I get to spend my days with. One such adorable boy is a kiddo named Felix (not Feeeeelix, but pronounced more like F-aaaaay-lix in Spanish). I've been worried about Felix though because he goes to the bathroom all the time, like say 6 times 1.5 hours. I've been trying to figure this thing out, because that's not good. Felix is a really good, quiet, loves school type, and my aide always goes to the bathroom with him, and he is indeed going to the bathroom.

I've been trying to solve this dilema and my aide Miss Fanny told me that he really loves first grade, but then she told me sometimes he is scared. Apparently he was scared of his Prepa (Kindergarten teacher), so we think he might be scared of English class now. But, anyways I seriously love this kid. He's been one of my faves since the beginning, I mean his name is Felix, automatic bonus points. but in all seriousness, he was the kid who during the madness of día del niño, stopped playing to sweep up the mess. Great kid! I don't want him having these issues.

So the past 2 days we've been talking a lot about it, which is tricky due to the English-Spanish problem, but things are getting better. So much better that today I got 2 gifts.

First, he came to me during recess and gave me a small sticker and a bag of chile-lime plantain chips. I LOVE plantain chips. yessssss. score!

Second, on the way back from recess, I was talking to a girl in our class when i felt this tiny 6 year old hand smack something on the front my shirt. Upon looking down, I was gifted the worlds largest sticker by Mr. Felix. We had to take a picture and obvi I fashioned the sticker all day to many laughs of teachers and jealous stares of the other kiddos nearby. But seriously, largest sticker ever.

We were crammed for time, so the sticker is a little hard to see in all its glory, so I've included a solo shot below.



4 comments: