Monday, August 29, 2011

Centro Escolar Santa Clara

Tomorrow is the first day of school!!! Eeeeek. I'm so excited/nervous. I can't wait to meet my little munchkins whom I'll be referring to as my first grade All-Stars :-) I know I seem to be asking this a lot, but if you all could just say a few prayers that my day goes well tomorrow, I'd appreciate it. I'm mostly just praying that my kids are able to understand me more often than not. But, since I'm asking for prayers and for you all to be thinking of me on my first day tomorrow, I thought it might help to see where I'll be tomorrow, so here are some pictures of my school:

View of the front of the classroom: Morning meeting, stoplights for behavior, important phrases, my desk.

View of the All-Star teams and the word wall/phonics/word study area of the room.
View of classroom from doorway. Notice the bright, sunshine-y windows.
View of the last wall. The math wall, classroom library, table, etc. There are big open windows to the hallway too.
School library.
Awesome 2nd/3rd grade school building with a gorgeous mural.
View outside my classroom.
Gorgeous and peaceful garden/Mary statue/prayer area in the center between the three classroom buildings.
I just love this area of school!
And, it's always filled with butterfiles. Love it!

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly..." proverb

10 comments:

  1. I love it!! Super jealous of your beautiful view outside your classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks very inviting Sarah! I'm sure the kids are very excited to come and meet their new teacher. Plus once they meet you, they might not want to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your classroom so much Sarah! :D Good luck tomorrow and I know you'll do awesome! And you weren't kidding on how big your class room was either! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classroom looks great!!! Love the All-Stars idea :) Have an awesome first day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classroom looks awesome! I bet your All Stars will really enjoy being there. Hope your first day is going well - can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count us Ponkos to pray for you and your all stars! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah - your classroom in BEAUTIFUL! Awesome job! I'm super stoked to see that all of the fans have been installed. I hope that keeps you and your little people semi-cool :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Sarah,

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures of your school and classroom in Honduras! I am struck by the vibrant colors and thoughtful design of your classroom--I hope your first week with the All Stars went well! I am so happy for your adventures to come and the beauty you will share with those you meet. :)

    Love,
    Watje
    PS: I'm glad you can ride a bike!! :) Black beans would be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shard your classroom looks amazing so does the scenery. Get on those bikes so you have stories to tell Black Beans!

    Love,
    Moe, Dress Shoes, & Cupcake

    ReplyDelete