Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm off

Well, in a few short hours, I am off to Honduras.

Today I had a lovely day with my favorite Saint Mary's girls to celebrate my friend Betsy's marriage. It was the perfect send-off activity. In the first place, it was such a joyous, love-filled occasion. The spirit in the room, the love between Betsy and Josh, and the pure happiness to be reunited with some favorite people really amped me up for my new adventure. Plus, the wedding was gorgeous and the dancing was great too. I always love a good dance party, so I hated to leave the dance floor, especially since we had just gotten the lovely bride to join us. Originally, I had told myself three more songs. Well, then my last 2 songs were slow couple-y dances...gross. So, I was like well, I know I should get going, but if the next song is good, I'm staying. And so, what do you know but Firework by Katy Perry comes on. Total fave of mine. Plus, during my discernment process for this trip it was a total pump me up, I can do this, help me figure out my life song. I love when things just feel right and end on a perfect note. So after rocking out to Firework, I said my goodbyes and headed back home.

So now, I lie in bed awake with about an hour and a half until I am supposed to wake up, head out the door, and catch my flight. I wish I could sleep, as I am very tired, but a million thoughts are running through my mind. I'm ready--my bags are packed and I've wanted this for so long. Yet, so many unknowns remain and I'm entering what could very well be one of the most challenging years of my life. So instead of sleeping, I find myself thinking and wondering and excited and jittery and anxious.

Despite the fact that I should be sleeping, I find myself on here typing out the thoughts that are preventing that sleep from happening. I can't help but think about how excited I am and yet how much I am going to miss the very special people in my life. And so for that, a quick shout out to y'all:

Family--Thanks for always believing in me, laughing with me, pushing me, and helping to raise me into who I am.
Friends--I don't know how I got so lucky to have you all in my life, but I am so blessed to have so many of you from so many stages of my life. Thank you for being there and continuing to be there even when we are apart.
UCTC--Thanks for building me up, loving me unconditionally, and supporting me always. Thanks for always making me smile and burst out in a quirky duck laugh.
C-13--Thanks for always believing in me, understanding me, supporting me, challenging me, and encouraging me. Thanks for letting me laugh, cry, dance, shout, run, and learn with all of you. Also, thanks for always helping to manage issues.
SMAK--Thanks for all the love, kindness, generosity, closeness, and understanding. Thanks for putting up with my insane antics and for allowing me to plank a wedding.
Mom, Dad, Sister--Thanks for being the best.

Please keep me in your prayers tomorrow (this morning) as I venture off to Honduras. I'll definitely update as soon as I can when I arrive.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. it sounds like you went through such an ordeal! i am glad you met interesting people, though!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete