Sunday, August 28, 2011

La Colonia


Home sweet home in La Colonia.

Now that I have my suitcases and such, I feel like I am finally settling and turning my house in La Colonia neighborhood of Juticalpa into a home. Our house is also called San Carlos. There is still some debate as to who actually lives in this house, us or the cockroaches, however I have no doubt our persistance will eventually win the fight.

My bed complete with lacey, blue mosquito net.

Our kitchen. Complete with fridge, microwave, stove, sink, and all-purpose water bucket (dishes, laundry, showers).

Our living area--couches and dining table.


Bathroom. I've never tried that shower.

Another shot of my bedroom.

And final shot of bedroom.

View of our street and neighbors' houses.

Front of house where Catie and I sat outside on our porch reading, relaxing, and chatting.


Best part-BIKES

Our laundry and pila room. The pila is where we most often have running water, so we keep it filled and use the water from there to wash dishes, do laundry, take showers, etc.

And so, there you have it. Our casa de San Carlos, La Colonia :-)

5 comments:

  1. I like that you have photos on your wall in your bedroom. Enjoy your home, sweet, home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent to see photos; keep 'em coming. And don't think of your bed covering as a mosquito net... rather a magical protector and spiffy fashion statement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to finally see your home. I like the color of Lacey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cuuute, girl! love the net (practical and fantastical). glad we get to see a little piece of your world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all of these pictures. It looks like a cozy little home already :)!

    ReplyDelete