Monday, August 1, 2011

Honduras

After much discernment and processing, I am off to Honduras!


On August 21st (about 3 weeks away now eeeeek!!), I will board my airplane to Tegucigalpa, Honduras and continue on to my new home for 10 months in Juticalpa, Olancho. I can't believe it!


Just 6 weeks ago today I left Boston, which was the most wonderful experience! I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to go to Boston--to live in community, teach, serve, grow in my faith, live simply, and make such strong relationships. And now it's crazy to think that I am once again so lucky to participate in yet another amazing opportunity!


I know that this experience will help to fulfill my original 4th grade dream of volunteering in another country. I know that this experience will challenge me in many new ways and that ultimately I will grow in my faith and as a person. I am nervous and excited to see where God takes and how God challenges me as I serve and learn in Honduras. I am so grateful for this opportunity, which wouldn't be possible without all of the prayers, love, and support from my family and friends. I cannot thank each of you enough for all of the support you constantly provide me!


As I venture off to Honduras, I hope to help share my journey with each of you through my words, pictures, and videos. So, I hope you continue to check back for updates! While I may be far away, each of you will remain very close to me and in my constant thoughts and prayers. As I get ready to leave, I'd like to ask each of you to do the same for me. I know that this is going to be an amazing journey, but I also know that this will be a journey full of growth, learning, and challenges; and so, I'd like to ask each of you for prayers and continued support along the way. Many blessings and love always!


--Sarah :-)


"No hay rosa, sin espinas" --Esperanza Renace By: Pam Munoz Ryan

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Will definitely add this to my daily reading list! Me ENCANTA el nombre del blog...Esperanza es mi libro favorito! Cuidate mucho, amiga! Que Dios te bendiga siempre!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah I don't think I've told this to you enough but I'm so proud of you!! You are a true inspiration. Ever since you told me about your dream to travel and teach in Honduras I knew that you were going to make it happen. No matter whatever it takes or during anytime of your life time, when you set your heart on it you make it happen! Thats' the best part about you!
    Sending you off with a quote which you know we both love. :)
    "Trust in what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go."
    Te Quiero,
    Kitkat

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete